Programmes of Study or “Awards”
Te Kupenga – Catholic Theological College offers several programmes of study.
Graduate Diploma in Theology: A more flexible programme for students who have already attained a degree level qualification. The Graduate Diploma is 120 credits (8 papers), 1 year full time study. Click here for more information.
The above programmes are at degree level (Level 7) and both offer a variety of ways you can undertake your studies; full-time or part-time, on-campus or by-distance.
Diploma in Christian Studies (Level 6) with 3 strands :
The Diploma is 120 credits which is equivalent to one year study full-time (1.0 EFTS).
- New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (Level 6) Christian Leadership
- New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (Level 6) Pastoral Ministry
- New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (Level 6) Religious Education
Certificate in Christian Studies (Level 5) with two strands
- New Zealand Certificate in Christian Studies – Christian Ministry (60 points)
- New Zealand Certificate in Christian Studies – Religious Education (80 points)
Certificate of Personal Interest (Level 5) for those wishing to do one or more papers but not intending to continue on to a higher award.
Safeguarding in the Catholic Church in Aotearoa NZ course for people working in Catholic organisations, as part of increasing awareness and skills to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.