Religious Sponsored International Students

International Students

Does the College accept students from Overseas?

International students can seek admission to Te Kupenga – Catholic Theological College if they meet the following requirements.


  • Sponsored by a Diocese or religious institution.
  • Can only study towards the Bachelor of Divinity and Graduate Diploma of Theology
  • Must study within New Zealand, not from overseas
  • Completed either (1) a qualification in your home country which is recognised in New Zealand as the equivalent to the university entrance standard, or (2) attended a secondary school in NZ and achieved the university entrance standard, or (3) Mature Age admission for those who have reached the age of 21.
  • Minimum requirement of 6.5 in IELTS (with at least 6.0 in each band).
  • Valid visa (student or work visa).
  • Medical and travel insurance if applying with a student visa.
  • Proof of identity (passport or birth certificate and two passport-sized photos).

Note: For the NZCCS and NZDCS, students in NZ on NZ work visas can study one paper only for interest if their employer permits, however these are not classified as International Students.

Things to consider before you apply

  • Must comply with the admission requirements above.
  • Check you’ve covered all  factors to consider when choosing papers.
  • Find out what is expected of you while you study at the College.
  • Discuss your study plans with the International Students Support Person, Msgr Brendan Daly

<< Entry Requirements

Enrolment Forms >>

Te Kupenga - Catholic Leadership Institute

Enrolment for Certificate and Diploma Programmes is on-going.
This is default text for notification bar

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?