BTh (Philosophy and Theology Pontifical Faculty of Theology and Civil de Lima)
LTh (Philosophy and Theology Pontifical Faculty of Theology and Civil de Lima
STD (Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome)
Role at Te Kupenga: Lecturer in Theology
Born in Lima Peru. Specialises in issues related to woman’s studies, and reciprocity between men and women. Achievements in the Holy See as responsible for the Women’s section in the Pontifical Council of Laity (specifically creating networks between the different international catholic associations which promote the dignity and value of women).
- RocioFigueroa, Una amiga santa. Concepción Cabrera: mujer, laica, mística (México, Editorial La Cruz, 2020)
- When Did We See You Naked? Why Acknowledging Jesus as a Victim of Sexual Abuse matters. Editors. Jayme Reaves, David Tombs and Rocio, Figueroa. Edimburg, SCM Press 2021) Finished September 2020.
- 2015: Covenant of Love – Fuentes, Ed Covenant of Love – Mexico City
- 2013: Odd Couple? Man and woman, equal or different? UPAEP, Puebla 2013.
- 2004: I no sense in pain? Christological reflections, Circle Meeting, Lima
- 2004: C’è sens on the dolore? Riflessioni cristologiche, Circolo d ‘Incontro, Rome 2004.
- 2011: Towards the truth of myself, Mexico City, 2011.
- Rocio Figueroa – David Tombs, ‘Recognising Jesus as a Victim of Sexual Abuse. Responses from Sodalicio Survivors in Peru’, Religion and Gender 10 (2020) 1-19.
- 2017: “Listening to Male Survivors of Clergy Sexual Abuse: Voices from Survivors of Sodalicio Abuses in Peru” in The Canonist vol 8, no. 1, 135-167.
- 2016: Rocio Figueroa has been a researcher at the University of Otago Centre for Theology and Public Issues during 2016. – with David Tombs : Listening to Male Survivors of Church Sexual Abuse: Voices from Survivors of Sodalicio Abuses in Peru
- 2015: “El Gran Misterio” chapter in Jorge L. Navarro ed., Glosas a la Carta a las familias de Juan Pablo II, Mexico: Universidad Popular Autonoma del Estado de Puebla, 144-156.
- 2014: “The reciprocità a ermeneutica chiave per familiare systemic therapy” in: Academia.edu
- 2010: “Il Christocentrism rivela i Valori femminili propriamente” Bollettino di Dottrina Sociale della Chiesa – Observatorio Internazionale Card. Van Thuan – VI (2010), pp. 47-50.
2009: “The lay dimension and soul stations in Concepcion Cabrera de Armida”,Proceedings of the Centenary of the Covenant of Love, Mexico City 2009
- 2008: “The creative woman of a new culture in times of crisis” in: Third International Congress of Spirituality of the Cross, ed. 2008.
- 2007: “Mercy: I riconciliazione with cammino di Dio, with noi stessi and with gli altri in Santa Faustina Kowalska”, published in. Tempo di Misericordia, ed, Associazione Dives in Misericordia, Editions Granum Synapse 2007, pp. 153-178.
- 2003: “Mary, Mother of peace and social reconciliation” in Mary, Star of the New Evangelization. Mariano Congress. 8 to 10 August 2003, Life and spirituality, Lima 2003.
- 2003: “The pilgrimage of Brother Bartholomew Lorenzo de José de Acosta” Life and Spirituality, January-April 2003.
- 2002: “Juan Diego, an apostle of Reconciliation ‘nel Giornale” The People”.
“Canonized Padre Pio, a saint of the extraordinary” Giornale di nel Medellin, Colombia, June 16, 2002.
- 2001: “The Christology in Dominus Iesus”, Rivista: “Life and Spirituality” n. 48.