The Fees vary depending on the qualification in which you are enrolled.
Please click on the correct tab to find the fees for your study.
This information applies to students studying for:
Degree and Graduate Diploma
- Bachelor of Theology
- Graduate Diploma in Theology
Certificates and Diplomas (level 5 and 6)
- NZ Certificate in Christian Studies – Christian Ministry
- NZ Certificate in Christian Studies – Religious Education
- NZ Diploma in Christian Studies – Christian Leadership
- NZ Diploma in Christian Studies – Pastoral Ministry
- NZ Diploma in Christian Studies – Religious Education
You might be eligible for the NZ Government “free fees”? – Check at www.feesfree.govt.nz
You may be eligible for student loans. Check at Study link for details.
Easy Ways to Pay Your Fees
|Internet Banking||Electronic||Te Kupenga A/C 02-0506-0015015-000 Please include your name, student number and invoice number.|
|In person||Cash only - No Eftpos available||Onsite at: Te Kupenga - Catholic Theological College Administration Office
20 Ponsonby Road, Auckland
Studying or thinking of studying for a Bachelor of Theology or the Graduate Diploma in Theology?
What you need to pay and when you need to pay this are outlined below. Refunds and withdrawals are also covered.
Level 7 Fees
|For Bachelor of Theology &|
Graduate Diploma in Theology
|Tuition fee per paper||Enrolment deposit deposit fee||Late enrolment fee|
|New Zealand Citizens and Residents||$750||$100||$35|
Non-refundable deposit: $100.00 Paid at time of enrolment each semester
- International students must be sponsored by a diocese or religious institution and meet admission conditions.
- All fees are shown in NZ dollars and are inclusive of GST.
- Enrolment is complete with the payment of fees.
Important Dates for Fee Payment for the Semester
|Friday Week 1 of Semester||During the fist week of lecturers you will receive and invoice for the fees to be paid|
|Friday Week 2 of the Semester||The final date for payment of your total fees account for the semester|
REFUNDS AND WITHDRAWALS
Withdrawal from a course occurs when a student’s circumstance is such that s/he cannot study and anticipates no change in the circumstance in the foreseeable future.
This provision allows the student to withdraw from the course and to re-enrol when circumstances are more favourable.
A student may withdraw without penalty from a course only if the notice of withdrawal is received by the Registrar of Te Kupenga – Catholic Theological College by 4.00 pm on the last date of withdrawal without penalty as specified in the Academic Calendar 2022, or Key Dates.
After that date, the normal outcome of a withdrawal is to receive a fail grade. An application can be made by the student to the Sydney College of Divinity if there are grounds for a compassionate acceptance of the withdrawal.
If the withdrawal occurs up to 4.00 pm of the final date of withdrawal, the course unit fee will be refunded (less the enrolment deposit fee). Beyond this time the fees will not be refunded.
Fees for Level 5 Certificates
|Level 5 Qualifications||Credits per paper||Tuition fee per paper||Admin fee per paper|
|New Zealand Certificate in Christian Studies - Christian Ministry||10 credit papers||$355||$20|
|New Zealand Certificate in Christian Studies - Religious Education||10 credit papers|
20 credit paper (RE503 and RE504)
Fees for Level 6 Diplomas
|Level 6 Qualifications||Tuition fee per paper||Admin fee per paper|
|New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies - Christian Leadership||$533||$20|
|New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies - Pastoral Ministry||$533||$20|
|New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies - Religious Education||$533||$20|
Scholarships for the New Zealand Certificate in Christian Studies (Level 5) and New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (Level 6):
The Common Good Scholarship (the value of this scholarship is determined by need and availability of funds) is available for:
- People from groups that are under-represented at Te Kupenga – Catholic Theological College with particular emphasis on Māori and Pasifika students
- Students who are experiencing financial hardship
- Groups of teachers from the same school enrolling at the same time, where the group represents more than 25 per cent of the teaching staff at the school
- click application: CG-scholarship-Application-CTC