Fees Free Study (funded through StudyLink)
You may be eligible to study fees-free. This applies to your first year of tertiary study only.
To find our if you are eligible please go to: www.feesfree.govt.nz.
Scholarships for the New Zealand Certificate in Christian Studies (Level 5) and New Zealand Diploma in Christian Studies (Level 6):
A special Mission Scholarship is available to enable people working in Catholic Schools and ministry to have the necessary qualification to effectively do their job. It is available to
- teachers in Catholic schools who are studying for the NZCCS or the NZDCS
- people working in ministry roles in the church, either voluntarily or in paid employment, studying for the NZCCS or the NZDCS
- people working in ministry roles, either voluntarily or in paid employment, in their community, studying for the NZCCS or the NZDCS
In 2020 the Mission Scholarship is $50 per 10 credit course/paper studied ($75 for 15 credit course/paper and $100 for 20 credit course/paper). To be eligible to receive this scholarship the intending student must be enrolled in either the NZCCS or the NZDCS. It is not available for students studying papers who do not intend to gain a qualification.
The Common Good Scholarship (The value of this scholarship is determined by need) is available for:
- People from groups that are under-represented at Te Kupenga with particular emphasis on Māori and Pasifika students
- Students who are experiencing financial hardship
- Groups of teachers from the same school enrolling at the same time, where the group represents more than 25 per cent of the teaching staff at the school
- click application: Common Good Scholarship Application
The New Zealand Catholic Education Office has generously offered scholarships for teachers in Catholic Schools who wish to study for the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Catholic Culture (taught and awarded by the Australian Catholic University in Auckland). Further information on this scholarship will be available on this site when the date for the next cohort of this Graduate Certificate is finalised.